Head Start & PreK Recruitment for the
2019-2020 School Year has ended.
We will resume accepting applications for the waiting lists on August 26th between the hours of 9am and 1pm. Interested families may apply at the Head Start Office (behind Belle Chasse Elementary School).
Plaquemines Parish Early Childhood Enrollment Events were held in the spring. We would like to thank all of the families who applied for our programs. The application and other forms can be printed online, completed and turned into the Head Start office in Belle Chasse. Please see information below.
Acceptable Forms of Documentation (Information listed below is for this current school year 2019-2020)
Required Documentation- only originals accepted
** If parent works less than 40 hours per week, parent MUST bring a letter from their employer indicating how many hours, on average, they work per week. This is required to process your application**
- Proof of Income (choose 1)
- 4 consecutive check stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for the current year (within 2 months from the date of applying) (preferred)
- SNAP benefit letter (must include child's name and valid effective dates)
- An official letter from your employer stating where parent/guardian is employed, the hourly rate of pay, and the average number of hours parent works per week
- Statement from Social Security Administration verifying child is a recipient of SSI benefits AND 2 current check stubs
- Current foster care placement agreement from DCFS
- Notarized letter of support and income documentation from support source if parent is unemployed or homeless
- Child's Birth Certificate
- 3 Proofs of Residency
- Current utilities bills with parent's name and physical address
- Current lease or mortgage statement
- If the parent and child live with a family member or friend, that person must provide notarized affidavit (below) with 2 of the above proofs of residency
- Parent or Guardian's Driver's License
- Child's Immunization Records
- Legal or Custody Papers if applicable
- Child's IEP if applicable