Plaquemines Parish School Board

Skip to main content

What if I think my child needs to be evaluated for Special Education eligibility?

You are always welcome to contact your child’s principal or teacher to discuss your child’s progress. Every school has a team who will work with you to address your concerns and help make decisions about your child’s instructional and/or behavior support needs. Typically, as required by state law, an individual evaluation is provided, with parent permission, only if a student has not made sufficient progress with intensive Tier III interventions.